- All Accounting and Financial transactions and reports
- Calculates and distributes all payroll transactions.
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits City Council meeting minutes
- Water/Sewer/Trash Billing and payments
- Community Center and Miner Pavilion Rental Requests
- Miner Pavilion Membership management
The City Clerk serves as the link between City Council and citizens as well as between the Mayor and city employees.
The office of City Clerk for the City of New Market, Iowa provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the City Council and the Mayor. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the City of New Market, Iowa City Clerk.